Welcome Little Monsters

...

Sunday, May 16, 2010

What I Wish I Looked Like...



Whoops, it has been a while but oh well, treat them mean keep em' keen?
I have returned to my homeland, and due to the lack of work I have taken to the 'Burren in Bloom' festival like a duck to water. Talks, walks, showcases, I am there baby!
This morning I left the house at quarter past five to try and learn some bird songs from the oh so wise and knowledgable Gordon D'Arcy, and failed miserably. I would like to blame it on the early hour but really I think I just have a bad/lazy ear when it comes to picking out different notes. Side note, on the way to the walk, I met my tall, Ballyvaughan friend, he had a pint in one hand, a smoke in the other and was heading on home after a nights drinking. Hardcore he is, jealous I am. No worky means no drinky for me. I did get to take some nice pictures, and have never before seen Loughrask at dawn before so that was nice, and I didn't feel slightly guilty that when I got home I slept until two and then had an amazing fry followed by the most beautiful Banoffee ice-cream sundae (that's saying a lot as I don't like Bananas). All in all, a nice day. Now if only I could get some work to pay for all the nice clothes and cd's I want.
Never before have I been so excited for the release of an album as I was for the new Foals album, Total Live Forever, and so far it has not let me down, it is somehow completely different from Antidotes but still sounds like Foals, it isn't boring which can often be the case and Spanish Sahara brought a tear to my eye the first time I listened to it.
I love Stella McCartney at the moment, so nice and simple and tailored and then really beautiful dresses with amazing ruffles that look completely decadent and over the top, but still I want one.

No comments:

Post a Comment