Welcome Little Monsters

...

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Shakes!

Shakes is the new milkshake bar which opened up on Dame street about two weeks ago. Words cannot begin to describe how excited I was for it to open- Milkshakes are one of my favorite treats. It's very hard to find a good milkshake in Dublin. The ones from Macdonalds are pretty attrocious to be honest and other restaurants are pretty expensive when it comes to milkshakes.

Sizzy and I went to get shakes the day after it opened, and the shop was pretty busy. After ordering we were exceptionally pleased that they offer a 10% student discount- Always a welcome addition!

I've had two so far since it opened. The first time I got a Cadbury's mint crisp shake with whipped creme and mini oreos on top. The whipped creme was a nice touch, but I paid 50cent extra for the mini oreos of which I think I got four biscuits, which was a bit of a rip off. Apart from that the shake was gorgeous. The second time there I got a Dime bar shake with whipped creme again. It tasted brilliant, but a bit less blending would have been nice, leaving me with a few crunchie bits, I will probably specify that to the next person making one for me. Overall it was lovely though, and not too expensive.

The only diwnside I thought was the service. The shake took a good while to make and I was standing there for a good five minutes before anyone decided to take any money off me. I presume this will get better though as the staff get accustomed to their job.


Conor and I enjoying our shakes...

On the way in we ran into a few SU Hacks (SU whores as I like to call them) who claim it's going to be their new hang-out spot. I contest this, let's make it a science thing, right?!

Truth, Beauty, Freedom, Love,
Kizzy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment