Welcome Little Monsters

...

Thursday, May 27, 2010

All things Kate

Nerdy and Cool Dude!




In honour of the release of Kate Moss's new Topshop line last weekend, I am going to talk all things Kate. I love Ms. Moss, I think she is amazingly beautiful, even if she does have oddly spaced eyes which, in fact probably only add to her beauty, she is friggin cool and I think if she and I knew each other, we'd be friends.
There is and has certainly been for a very long time an association between models and rock stars and she's with the coolest, Pete Doherty (he's a mess but have you listened to The Libertines? No? Do it now!) Jamie Hince in the Kills, they are probably one of my all time favourite bands, for the moment at least and lets not forget the amazing video she did for The White Strips - 'I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself' , she managed to make pole dancing classy and started a whole trend that Demi Moore only wishes she could do.
Her Vogue covers are extensive, almost as much so as her ad campaigns and basically she's just a babe. Like everyone, she's had her troubles, but even still she is top of her game.
Having sad that, her line for Topshop often is ..... shit. Expenisve, bad quality and really not all that special e.g. I have one of her dresses I think from her first line, I love it, it's beautiful, all nautical and what not, not overly worn, not so long ago on the bus on my way to meet Kizzy, the strap broke, and I had to wander around town with a new strapless dress, it looked like an ultimate walk of shame I am sure. This irks me. Her new Spring/Summer collection is nice, most of it you would never see in my wardrobe, but there are a few pieces that I like, like her simple tea dresses, but the fact remains that my favourite tea dress was €10 in good auld Penneys, I am positive that Ms. Moss's is slightly more expensive.

P.S. I also love playsuits and can't wait to see Kizzy's when she visits me this weekend. Go on BUY ONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment