Welcome Little Monsters

...

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Insomnia Cafe's Christmas Menu

So, most coffee houses in Dublin at the moment have a special Christmas menu going on. I know Starbucks has atleast four new hot drinks available such as Gingerbread Lattes and the likes. Unfortunately the only place I've gotten around to visiting is Insomnia (Nasseau Street for all of those interested in stalking me!)

It was a cold, snowy day so myself and Ireland's answer to 'Abba' (Cormac, Connor, Lois and Lisa) decided to get some coffee to cheer us up and warm us up.

I ordered a Mint Mocha and a slice of Yule Log as you can see from the picture! The Yule Log was tasty. I wasn't sure what to expect as I'd never tasted any before and I honestly don't know what's in it either! But it was lovely, I'm not sure what it tasted off. Kind of mildly chocolately, vanilla-ish: Very creamy! The mint mocha was an experience. It was very bitter (Which was to be expected as coffee and mint are both bitter, duh!). It felt very Christmassy and Wintery to be sipping on it while it snowed outside. However I don't think I'll be ordering it again. It was 'fine'. Nice to try something new, but not worth re-trying!!

I think I'll have to make the (Expensive) trip to Starbucks next and try something from their Christmas menu. I'll make sure to keep you all informed!

Truth, Beauty, Freedom, Love,
Kizzy xx

1 comment:

  1. Dude, the peppermint mocha from Starbucks is amazing!
    I dislinke Insomnia's closing hours, it's such a let down.

    ReplyDelete