Welcome Little Monsters

...

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Love Life: Playing 'The Game'

Oh god, where do I start? I don't understand 'The Game'. I don't know why people do it, I don't know how people do it. The whole 'playing hard to get' thing is just a mystery to me. Now, I'm not saying that I'm easy, not at all. In fact I like to think that I am very particular in my standards when it comes to men. However, if I do meet someone that I like then I'm going to want to go and get them. If the guy I'm into texts me, then I'm going to text him back. Because I like talking to the person I like. This is just basic common sense, no?

Apparently though, I'm doing it completely wrong. The girls who have ten million males chasing them are the ones who act all aloof. He texts her, she just doesn't bother replying, he wants her more. I don't get it though... Aren't men lazy? Why would they prefer to go to all the effort of having to chase after a girl, would they not prefer that they just get what they wanted? This whole 'thrill of the chase' thing just doesn't make sense: In any other aspect of life it would be seen as wasted energy. It doesn't agree with the whole 'Darwin' way of thinking.

Why does dating have to be so complicated? Why, if I like someone, can I not just tell them? Why do men get turned off if a girl gives them the impression that she might be really into him? Do humans not like to be loved after all?

Not playing The Game has backfired on me a few times in life. I've had guys who were in to me go right off me just because I was honest. Also, if a boy doesn't reply to my messages, or doesn't try to contact me then I'm going to presume that they don't want me. I mean, in my mind, if a guy wants me, then he should come after me. After all, why wouldn't he? Sitting around playing hard to get is just going to make me frustrated, not attracted.

I'll never understand it. This one time I tried playing games, you know, like not writing back to a message for atleast two hours. It just got annoying, and it didn't work for me either. The whole thing is just really stupid, and the more girls and guys get into it the worse its going to get. I think the whole population should boycott The Game. Let's all be honest with each other from now on.

Freedom, Truth, Beauty, Love,
Kizzy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment